Subject: [.plan] Aktualisierbare Torrents
From: Boris Kraut <[email-masked]>
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2013 03:56:04 +0200

Ein Problem, dass ich bei meinen Ueberlegungen zu einer OER-
Tauschboerse gesehen habe, ist, dass eine Aktualisierung des
Inhalts immer durch einen komplett neuen Torrent erfolgt. Es
stellt sich heraus, dass das so nicht mehr ganz richtig ist
bzw. man schon ueber eine Loesung nachgedacht hat [BEP39]:

> With episodic content or content that recieves periodic
> updates, it's often useful for users to be able to
> subscribe to subsequent episodes or revisions. This BEP
> aims to provide a convenient way for users to do so by
> allowing content providers to embed a feed URL into a
> torrent file.
>
> [...]
> 
> The feed URL through which content providers can distribute
> updates is specified by an "update-url" key in the torrent's
> info dict. A GET "info_hash" parameter whose value is the
> hexadecimal info hash of the torrent will be added to
> requests sent to this URL. If a response with a 200 status
> and a valid torrent file is recieved, the client should
> download that torrent.

Ausserdem kann man Torrents auch signieren, so dass man
wirklich vertrauenswuerdige Updates bekommt.

[BEP35] http://www.bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0035.html
[BEP36] http://www.bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0036.html
[BEP39] http://www.bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0039.html