Subject: Riding out the storm
From: Boris Kraut <[email-masked]>
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:00:23 +0000

We have, ourselves, full confidence that if all do their duty, if
nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as
they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once more able to
defend our Internets, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive
the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

Even though large parts of Internets and many old and famous trackers
have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Ifpi and all the odious
apparatus of MPAA rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on
to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the ef-nets
and darknets, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing
strength in the air, we shall defend our Internets, whatever the
cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the
baywords.org, we shall fight on the /. and on the digg, we shall
fight in the courts; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do
not for a moment believe, the Internets or a large part of it were
subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and
guarded by the Anon Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in
Cerf's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps
forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

-- The Pirate Bay Crew [1],
   loosly based on Winston Churchill [2]

[1] http://thepiratebay.org/blog/172
[2] http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/We_shall_fight_on_the_beaches